Me... Run A Marathon?!

It's been a while since I've written and with good reason... pregnancy is not an easy thing for some of us. I look back on the last 9 months and wonder how I did it. I can only say that God was definitely a part of it!!

This pregnancy was an emotional battle, right down to the delivery. Each day was a new hurdle, each night a new leg of the race. The words "one day at a time" took on new meaning. Even knowing the joy that I would feel once this child was here was not enough to get me to the finish line. God and his gifts to me, my husband and kids, kept me running.

When we showed up at the hospital and I was too close to delivering to get pain relief I wanted to bail on the whole race. Obviously, that was not an option. God was good and gave me some wonderful coaches and an amazingly quick delivery (oh my...).

Running the race (whatever that may be for you) may not be a choice. Actually running may take everything in you and then some to do. The finish line may seem miles away and some of that distance you may have to run in solitude. Even breaking the tape at the end may be the hardest part of the entire marathon. Wherever you are in your race, remember that you really can do more than you think! Especially with God and family at your side.

Will I ever run a marathon? HECK NO! I've already done the equivalent three times and I'm done. I've proved to myself that I can do anything against my will and my body's wishes as long as the Lord and my family are by my side. What a race! What a rush! What joy!!!!

By the way... there is nothing like holding that little bundle of pain-causing joy for the first time so if you think the marathon of pregnancy is not for you, it's worth reconsidering. The endurance it takes to run those 9 or 10 months is SOOOO worth the amazing rush of holding your very own child, no matter how the event comes about.


Comments

~ jessica said…
Congratulations!
And truer words were never spoken at a more approriate time. Bless you.
jennylou said…
Holy crap. I am SO never giving birth...maybe.
love you
Just checking up on you all. Good stuff.

-Lonni

Popular posts from this blog

Sacred - Just As I Am

... In Love

It's All Colton's Fault...