I wonder... what did I want to be when I grew up? I don't remember too much and mom could probably shed some interesting, if not shameful light on the subject but what did I want to become? An air force pilot? A ballerina? A muscle-lady, as my daughter calls professional body building women? Maybe a teacher. Could it be that I really wanted to be a mom all my life and now I am one? That's too easy.

I've had this feeling that there was something more out there for me to do but I just couldn't nail it down. Church always told me that I had to have a ministry, as if my life wasn't full enough without it. Ok, so then who do I minister to? People get along just fine without me so it seems silly to interject myself into their lives for my own self-fulfillment.

So, back to my question... what do I want to be when I grow up? Maybe the question should be what does God want me to be? I am a mom and that's a huge job all on it's own. Teach them to walk, talk, love, eat, learn... the list is endless and so is the job. I am a wife, capable in my own right as a woman apart from a man but choosing to enrich my life with the happiness and sorrows of another's experiences alongside my own. I longed for both with a passion and now I have my wish. Is there more to be?

Yes, infinitely more. I am not merely a mother or a wife or even just a woman. I am nothing apart from God, my Creator and Sustainer. I am all of these things together and I am affective in them only when He is a part of them. I can be marvelous (do beyond my own power - Strong's number 6381) when I can let God have control of my choices, desires, and needs. I can be the pilot and the ballerina. I can be the adventure seeker and the princess. I can be a mom and a wife and a friend. And I can do them better if I don't put myself or God in a box.

My grandpa would say, "I don't know what I want to do when I grow up, yet." I hope to be so limitless.

Comments

flyseller said…
Ooooo! You sure can bless me Princess! I love to hear your words. They are the sounds of Angels hovering overhead, a lite gentle breeze rustling the leaves of my heart.

What you say is so true, we are much less without Him.
jennylou said…
geez, dad. mush! :) K, I enjoyed your first post and think you are marvelous! You are right about asking God what he would do with you (we always think we have to come up with some great idea, which is silly since his ideas are always better)
Mamamax said…
Am I just really out of it? Strong's #... ?

Beautiful - nice to see the fulfillment of the girl whose life goal was to be "A Godly Woman"

Love you! Keep challenging me!
Kim said…
Hi,
Love what you wrote. Some very thought-provoking insights there.

Well done on remembering to include God in this process - something many people, especially myself forget.
J.R. said…
Hey Kass, great post!

I like your template too! ;-)
Kassie said…
For those who don't know, Strongs is a dictionary of the original hebrew or greek used in the Bible. The numbers are actually the words or their roots. Check it out. I used Lifeway's Online Bible Library at http://bible.lifeway.com/crossmain.asp. There are lots of meanings to words that the translators just can't capture in English. Thanks for checking out my blog. It won't be too funny but it will challenge those who visit. :) KK

Popular posts from this blog

Sacred - Just As I Am

It's All Colton's Fault...

... In Love