Commitment

Funny... I've been dying to get a blog started so that I could get all my stuff out of my system and now that I'm here... Well, let's just say that my blog title is more than fitting.

I started out writing about commitment and the lack thereof that I see around me but I just couldn't write it without it sounding like another blabbity blee session. I am so thankful for the family I have. I guess that's the best way to put it all. We know what commitment means. We struggle through communication. We choose to love... we don't just hope it will happen. We stick with it!

I'm sure glad Jesus was more committed than people today or I'd be up Hell's creek without a paddle. He could have walked out saying, "Screw you. Put me on a cross... I don't want you in Heaven with me anyway!" That'd suck royal. And you know, he did have a choice. All I'm asked to do is love and believe! Dying isn't among my requirements to enter Heaven.

Here's a cool quote to make you think about your commitments. Not quite sure what I think of it yet. Passion is the quickest to develop, and the quickest to fade. Intimacy develops more slowly, and commitment more gradually still.
Robert Sternberg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacred - Just As I Am

It's All Colton's Fault...

... In Love