God Fought For Me

Two days... for two days my Bible came with me, sat by me, beckoned me. I hadn't studied in weeks and hadn't made any quiet time with God. He brought a song to me and struck my heart with it's words and sound. I was moved by it, more than usual, when all of a sudden a beautiful bald eagle swooped down in front of me and then back up into the tree, as if just to catch my attention. I wanted to cry... so I said, "Thanks." I knew God was there and trying to get at my heart. But I still filled my time with other things.
There were perfect times cleared away for study time, too. In these two days I had time alone, a quiet house, or just a space I'd carved out for myself. Each time I thought to sit and study I was dragged away or down.
Today, little things got in my way, pulled me away. A cloud of doubt whispered, "Why sit and study? You'll just forget whatever He says. You won't put it into action." Then legitimate things came up. Time with my daughter, bills to pay, house to clean, the beauty of the storm outside. Just details....
All of these things waged war on my heart and mind. The negatives seemed too heavy. I was finding it very difficult to not believe the lies that I was hearing from my own mind. And why????
God wanted to encourage me.
I sat to read and study, apologizing for being so weak. I prayed that He would still help me to hear what He wanted to say. I opened my Bible and read the first verse of the next section I was on.
Wow... did God engineer these words to speak directly to my heart today and for millions of others at other times? It seems so clear that He wanted me to hear this...
"Do not lose heart."
Do not lose heart... don't give up... don't believe the lies. He fought for me... for two days!! Just to tell me those four special words. He kept urging me, showing me the Bible where I had placed it and had intended to read it.
You know when you're down and you just can't seem to find the right things to get you back up and going? And then a friend walks in and says something that they didn't think much of but it makes all the difference to you? That was these four words to me. God may have said them through someone else, He may have meant them for many different things over the years. But today, He said them to me. He fought through my neglect and sad attempts to connect with Him. He pursued me for two days in particular, just to encourage me.
My heart is bolstered and I am rescued again. Oh that I could just remember this moment so that I won't ever let myself get so far away from Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacred - Just As I Am

... In Love

Choose Your Focus