A Good Day

Yesterday was a good day.

Once in a while there is a day that comes along and just thinking about it makes you smile. That was yesterday. I woke up after a horrible night’s sleep to the sound of my kids playing the Happy Birthday song really loud (the one on Sprout TV, for those of you who are accosted by it regularly). Then my kids came bouncing in the room hollering at me to get up and open my presents.

I got cool stuff. I even got things that Kayla had picked out all by herself. I thought that was really cool. Then I got to visit with friends at church and Colton even went into Sunday School voluntarily, without crying! I sat with my hubby in service, too. There’s nothing quite like sitting silently with someone you love. So much communication can happen without saying a word. Then again, we weren’t exactly silent… we’re not too good at that (sorry Pastor Bill).

After church we headed home, had lunch with the kids and put the kids down. Then we were off, courtesy of Hannah (*, from Colton), just the two of us. We were so tired but it was fun to go shop and pick out my new cowgirl boots and really cool hat. Scott likes the feathers on it. He says he needs to go shoot some more birds so we can eat it and he can put the feathers on his hat. hmmm… feathers on a boy. hmmm….

The drive to dinner consisted of much yawning and a few cheers for the absolute slaughtering of the Panthers. GOOOO SEAHAWKS!!! Scott had to make a few visits to the bathroom (they had TV’s in the boys room) and I just kept tabs on the reflection from the bar. haha Then we finished off our night out with a few more yawns and chuckles over how our lives had changed. Staying out late now meant getting a sitter from 3-8pm. What a bunch of party animals.

I came home to a bunch of calls and notes from my family and friends. It’s nice to feel loved. My day had no big plans but lots of quiet time and just being together. It was such a good day. Thanks for making it that way!

Comments

~ jessica said…
What a blessed day. Happy belated birthday.
Hugs.
Kassie said…
You're awesome Jess. Thanks!
Mamamax said…
What a perfect day! Can't wait to see your new dudette duds (dude ranch here we come!). Thanks for sharing.

Love MOM
jennylou said…
No, dude ranch here we do not come! That is so not an option for girls weekend. :) Crazy family. Happy Birthday, Kass!! :) love you
J.R. said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!


crazy rednecks. ;-)

Love ya!

Popular posts from this blog

Sacred - Just As I Am

... In Love

It's All Colton's Fault...