Kayla's First 1st Grade Day

Today was Kayla's first day in first grade at a new school. Wow, was she amazing! I think I tossed and turned all night and she woke up bright and cheery, ready to take on the whole deal. Daddy gave her a special necklace to wear and took her into her class. She was radiant.

Meanwhile, back at the farm I'm going nuts worrying that somehow I will forget to wait for her to arrive from the bus. AS IF!!!! I think I paced for a half hour before the bus appeared on the horizon. It was all I could do to wait for her to get off. I didn't even get words out before she bounded down the driveway giggling with glee over the bus ride. She beamed from ear to ear. I asked her how her teacher was and she said, "GREAT!" I asked her what her favorite things were about today and she said the soccer and the bus. What a crack up.

So tomorrow I'll be up early taking her to school. I'm so glad she's happy. She played with her neighbor friend and made some new friends. I'm so proud of her. Thank the Lord for walking with her and keeping her calm. Actually, maybe He just shifted the anxiety over my way!! Thanks for the prayers.

Comments

~ jessica said…
How exciting! What an amazing adventure she now has to look forward to.
jennylou said…
Ah, our little girl's all growed up.
Kathie said…
She is so precious. Thank you for the way you generously share your children with us. They are the light of our lives! As I watched them play after church today, I was just filled with such a sense of blessing. You are wonderful parents and your children are a delight! ~Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Sacred - Just As I Am

... In Love

Choose Your Focus