Toddlerhood and My Crazy-Mom Syndrome

Okay, for those of you who think I have completely lost my mind (this would include my husband from time to time) here is a pretty good explanation as to why I feel and act the way I do lately. THIS is my son - kindly dubbed a "Little Demon" by his adoring Aunt Cryssie.

"It was so much simpler when you could put the baby down in one general area and expect him to pretty much stay there safe and sound. Sure, you had to allow for the occasional rollover, and then there was that way-too-brief period when he crawled on all fours, but there was no movement so significant that it made blinking your eyes or turning your head an invitation to disaster. Now he's streaking from one peril-fraught room to another like a lunatic with a death wish and you would give anything for him just to be still. I'm beginning to find the humor in the situation now, but there were times when I felt like a fool trying to put a collar on a bumblebee."
Vicki Iovine from The Girlfriends' Guide To Toddlers

This is my life, this is why I can't think. A mother thought of the saying "running around like a chicken with it's head cut off." If you don't believe me... have one! No, make that two or three.

Comments

Mamamax said…
Yep, that really sums it up :) A collar on a bumblebee. Hang in there, mom, it will be worth it and you might actually regain your mind. (I think, can't remember where I lost mine lo these 3 decades ago.)

Thanks for the smile. He really is terrific, and so are you :)
Kathie said…
Love the collar on the bumblebee analogy! It soooo describes my boys' activity levels. Actually, Scott was calmer than Brian - that ought to make you tremble. Ha! But I love the energy and I'm so glad that his mind is as energetic as his racing body! I'm looking forward to our Mondays!

Popular posts from this blog

Sacred - Just As I Am

... In Love

Choose Your Focus