What A Day!

Today was one of those days...

Friends came over and brightened my morning, the sun shined bright, and I was having fun.

Then they went home and my son started the whining that we all love so much. It was Mommy this and Mommy that, my feet swelled up the size of watermelons, my lips are so chapped they cracked, the whining continues (mine now added to it), I didn't have one crucial item for the dinner I really wanted to make, and Sierra feels like she weighs 50 pounds. And now my office chair won't stay up. No, it's not because I'm the size of a walrus! It just won't stay up. I'm typing with my knees up to my boobs, which is very interesting when your pregnant, I must say!

So the day seems kind of dim but I sat down resolved to see the bright spots in my day through all of the gloom I feel. I reflect and I can see that in the midst of it all my husband keeps checking on me to make sure I'm okay, he put up a door for my laundry room, and my daughter has been the angel/helper I know she can be. Granted, my son's silence frightens me but I just have to concentrate on the wonderful day of weather and how amazing my family and friends can be. I am deeply grateful for them and for the quiet moments like this one.

Thank you, Lord. You didn't have to put such blessings in my dad but I'm so thankful you did. Now please tell Colton to clean up whatever mess he's making before I come in there.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacred - Just As I Am

... In Love

Choose Your Focus