To Be Remembered
















What would I do to be remembered by Christ?
The picture above is one of a woman whom many believe to be Lazarus’ sister, Mary, down at Jesus’ feet. Jesus commented in some of the gospels that her action of pouring very expensive perfume on his head and feet and wiping it away with her hair was something to be remembered wherever the gospel was preached.
Why did Christ want her action to be remembered?
I wonder how she felt when she entered that room of men. She wasn’t invited to be there, nor was it proper. And letting your hair down in public was even more taboo for a woman of that time. But Jesus had brought her brother back from the dead so she knew better than most who he was. She knew his heart, she knew his importance, she knew his power. She knew that her life could have meant nothing to him, but it didn’t. Mary would do anything for Jesus, even something as scandalous as entering a room of men and letting her hair down to do a servant’s job. She didn’t care what it cost her in money or reputation. Those things were meaningless in the face of her Savior. All she could do was to honor him and show him her love.
And Jesus never forgot her for that.
What can I do to show my love for Christ? Will I do anything worthy of his remembering me? To feel his hand on my head and know the warmth of his heart… for that, I can not wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacred - Just As I Am

... In Love

Choose Your Focus