Sanctification - Beauty and the Beast

Eww.... what's with all the big words?? This is one I have struggled to pin down for a long time. I read this tonight and it seemed to make sense in a new way. Maybe because I'm a hopeless romantic. Maybe it's because I want to feel lovely and loved, or maybe it's just because God is the Lover of my soul and He took the time to tell me He loves me tonight.
"In 'Beauty and the Beast,' it is only when the Beast discovers that Beauty loves him in all his ugliness that he himself becomes beautiful.
In the experience of St. Paul, it is only when a person discovers that God really loves him in all his unloveliness that he himself starts to become godlike.
Paul's word for this gradual transformation of a sow's ear into a silk purse is sanctification...."
I pray that in this process I will become less and less a Beast who can only see ugliness and more and more the Beauty who sees the loveliness in others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacred - Just As I Am

... In Love

Choose Your Focus