A Perfect Gift

"Presents BIG, presents small. It's fun to give them all! But the perfect gift to give is friendship. Friendship is for everyone. You can't touch, see or feel friendship... you make it! Friendship is a really important thing to me. Offering friendship is simple."

by Kayla Ketchum

Pretty amazing when your daughter has a few things to teach you, the parent. Friendship does take work but it also is an offering. People will either accept you as you are - all your faults, all your quirks, all your differences - and be a friend or not. There's no "shaping or changing" of a friend. If they don't meet your needs or you don't meet theirs then you both have to decide whether you have a real friendship that says, "Ok... I'll take what you can give and love you as is," or let them go as an acquaintance... neither of which is a bad thing! No expectations, no stipulations... just love in action.

Kayla, my sweet, you are so good at putting things into words that I don't know how to. Pretty cool how God uses you. I love you!

Comments

Kathie said…
That's my girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Sacred - Just As I Am

... In Love

Choose Your Focus